If your GPS results appear to be inaccurate or you are not able to lock GPS signal here are some tips:
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of the app.
2. Reset network and location warnings in settings, and reboot device.
3. Before you start tracking your next activity, be sure to wait until there is a green GPS signal indicator. If not, open Google maps, then open the RunKeeper app and let it sit for 2-3 minutes to lock GPS signal.
4. If you still have issues, try one of the other free GPS fitness tracking applications. If you experience similar results you know it is not RunKeeper-specific and may want to take the device to the retailer to have a look as it is likely a device issue.
5. If none of the above work, It is possible the app did not download to the phone correctly, try deleting/reinstalling the app to see if this helps. Your activity history will be cleared from the device, but your data will be safe on the web.
Note: If you do experience a weak GPS signal and your activity tracking appears inaccurate, you can edit your activity manually on the website afterwards. Zoom in to see each individual point, drag the ones that are out of place to where they should be, and click save. Some activities will require adding/deleting points.