Connecting RunKeeper and Pebble:
If your Pebble app is up-to-date and your watch is currently connected to your phone, you should be all set!
When your watch is connected to RunKeeper, you should see a 'watch' icon present on the start screen in the upper left hand corner.
Using Pebble with RunKeeper:
- You cannot explicitly start or stop an activity from the Pebble watch. Only pause-resume actions are possible.
- Once you hit Start from the RunKeeper app, the three stats that will appear on the Pebble watch are:
- Average Pace (average speed is not currently available)
- To pause or resume a workout, click the right-middle button on your Pebble watch (or in the RunKeeper app on your phone).
- Once you're done with your activity, you must hit the Stop button on the RunKeeper app.
Help! Pebble won't connect to RunKeeper:
To connect Pebble and RunKeeper, all of the following must be true:
- Your Pebble device must be paired, and connected with your phone (you can verify this status in the Pebble app on your phone. For troubleshooting connections, you should refer to Pebble support.
- You must turn Bluetooth notifications on for your Pebble device
- You must be using an up-to-date version of the Pebble App and Pebble firmware. You can check for Pebble firmware updates in the Pebble mobile app. You can check for new Pebble mobile apps in the Apple App store, or Google Play.
iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 or any iPod Touch with iOS 5 or iOS 6. Android devices running OS 2.3 and up. Works great with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)! Unfortunately, Pebble does not work with Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, or Palm phones at this time.
Current Limitations of RunKeeper and Pebble
- iPhone and Android users - Average speed is not available. Therefore, you will only see average pace. Again, we're looking to add this option to a future build
- International version users on metric system - Instead of a decimal or comma when displaying total distance or average pace, you will see a rectangle with a large X in the middle. It looks weird, we know, but should be fixed in a future release.
Buy the watch here - http://getpebble.com/