If your GPS results appear to be inaccurate or you are not able to lock a good GPS signal, please refer to this article first: How To Get The Best GPS Results
Some quick things to remember:
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of the app.
- Before you start tracking your next activity, wait until there is a green GPS signal indicator (the three little bars in the top-right of the screen on an Android; bottom-left on an iPhone)
If that doesn't help, here are some additional tips:
- Reset Network and Location warnings in Settings, then reboot your device.
- Make sure your phone's battery saving mode is turned off -- this can cause GPS issues.
- Android users may need to adjust other settings in this article.
- If none of the above work, it is possible the app did not download to the phone correctly. Try deleting/reinstalling the app to see if this helps. Check out our articles below for instructions on how to safely reinstall the Runkeeper app:
Note: If you do experience a weak GPS signal and your activity tracking appears inaccurate, you can edit your activity manually on the website afterwards. Zoom in to see each individual point, drag the points that are out of place to where they should be, and click save. Some activities will require adding/deleting points. To learn more about how to edit your maps, click here.