Runkeeper is happy to announce the ability to sync your activities with Google Fit and your Android device! Google Fit allows you to aggregate all your Health data in once place. To get your account synced up, just follow the instructions below:
Syncing Google Fit + Runkeeper
- Download the Google Fit app from the Play Store and set up your Fit account
- Open up the Runkeeper app and tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner of your screen and select settings
- Scroll down and tap on "Apps, Services, and Devices"
- Tap on Google Fit and select your desired account email
- Tap "Allow" to accept permissions
- Congratulations! You have now connected Runkeeper and Google Fit!
Now that Fit and Runkeeper are connected, what should you expect?
Google Fit will always be tracking the steps you take and storing them in their app. On top of this, Runkeeper will automatically send over any GPS tracked activities to your account. On days you have a GPS tracked Runkeeper activity you will see a Runkeeper icon in Google Fit. You can then click into that activity to get more activity stats.
If you update your weight in Runkeeper, it will automatically update to Google Fit.
- Although we send all GPS data to Google Fit, they currently only display Running, Walking and Cycling activity types.
- Fit will do its best to assign a step value to any of your Runkeeper activities. This is not a Runkeeper calculation and will not be displayed in our app.
- Runkeeper activities will only sync to Fit after you have connected the two apps. At this time historic data will not sync.
- Stopwatch and manually entered activities will not sync to Google Fit.