Google Fit allows you to keep all your Health data in one place. Here's how you can sync your accounts:
Syncing Google Fit + Runkeeper
- Download the Google Fit app from the Google Play Store and create an account.
- Open the Runkeeper app and tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of your screen, and select Settings.
- Scroll down to view the "Manage Connections" option and tap on Apps, Services and Devices.
- Tap on Google Fit and select your preferred account email address.
- Runkeeper and Google Fit will be connected!
What Information Syncs?
- Google Fit tracks your steps and stores them in their app.
- Runkeeper will automatically send over any GPS-tracked activities to your account.
- On days you have a GPS-tracked Runkeeper activity, you will see a Runkeeper icon in Google Fit. You can then click that activity to get more activity details.
- If you update your weight in Runkeeper, it will automatically update to Google Fit.
- Although we send all GPS data to Google Fit, they currently only display Running, Walking, and Cycling activity types.
- This integration syncs one way to Google Fit: Google Fit does not sync to Runkeeper.
- Google Fit will do its best to assign a step value to any of your Runkeeper activities. This is not a Runkeeper calculation and will not be displayed in the Runkeeper app.
- Runkeeper activities will only sync to Google Fit after you have connected the two apps. At this time, historical data will not sync.
- Stopwatch and manually-entered activities will not sync to Google Fit.
*Got more questions? Contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org!