With our v5.2 of Runkeeper for iPhone, you can now use the Today Widget to start and pause your activities!
Adding the Widget
- Swipe down the 'Today' menu from the top of your screen
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and tap 'Edit'
- Find the Runkeeper app & press the green arrow to add the widget to your screen
- Check out your cool new widget!
Using the Widget
- When you pull down the widget, you'll see a large 'Go Running' button. Tap this button and your activity will be started in the RK app!
- While tracking, you can pull down the widget and pause your activity without unlocking the phone!
- You'll also see updated stats from your run in the widget
Using the Widget with Training
We could have just left the widget as a simple start & pause button, but we didn't think that was enough. We've also integrated your training plans into the Today Widget!
If you have a training plan workout, your workout will be displayed on the Today Widget with a visual display of your workout for the day. Just press 'Go Running' and the activity will be automatically associated with your training plan. You'll also get all the appropriate audio cues, so you don't miss out on any of those intervals!
In addition to seeing your training plan workout on the start screen, you'll also be able to track your progress against a visual representation of the workout. This will be the easiest way to see how many intervals you have left!