Have you been instructed by our support team to uninstall/reinstall the Runkeeper app? If so, there are a few steps to follow that will ensure you don't lose any of your activity history!
Here are the steps you'll want to take to prevent losing any activities:
- Try logging out of the Runkeeper app. If you get a notification saying you have an unsaved activity or activities, don't log out!
- To find the unsaved activity or activities, you will then want to go into your activity list through the Me tab on the Runkeeper app
- Scroll through the list and make sure you don't have any red warning triangles next to your activities (this notifies you that your activity that has not yet synced to our servers)
- If you have any unsent activities, you'll want to resend those before uninstalling the app!
- To resend them; Scroll to the bottom of the Summary screen > Tap 'Edit' > Save activity. Saving that activity again will resend it to our servers
Once all of your activities are synced up with our servers you are safe to uninstall/reinstall the app! Just hold down on the app icon from your home screen and click the "-" that appears in the top left corner! Once the app is uninstalled you should restart your phone and then reinstall the Runkeeper app!
- Custom/one-off workouts are saved locally and will be lost when uninstalling/reinstalling the app. If you have custom/one-off workouts you want to keep you should write down all the specifics of the workout so you can recreate it later!
- If your activity is in your activity list on Runkeeper.com this means it has synced to our servers. Checking here is the best way to check if you activity has synced!
Article is closed for comments.