For a list of supported Heart Rate Monitors check out this link!
Pairing your BTLE Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) to your Android device is as simple as following these steps!
1. Read your HRM manual to see where to attach the device (chest/wrist/arm). Make sure it is on tight enough so it won't slip!
2. Open up your phone settings and turn on Bluetooth (if you are pairing a BTLE HRM, make sure this is NOT paired with phone already)
- 2A. If you are using a Standard Bluetooth HRM, you will need to scan for the HRM from your phone's Bluetooth settings and pair on this screen
- 2B. If you are using a BTLE HRM, do not pair the HRM to your phone and proceed to step 3
3. Open up the Runkeeper app and go to the "Start" tab
4. From the "Start" tab click on the heart icon with the exclamation point in the lower right hand corner
5. Select your HRM from the menu (If you do not see your HRM listed, make sure your Bluetooth is toggled on and your device is firmly attached to your body)
6. Once your HRM is properly connected, the heart icon in the lower right hand corner will no longer have an exclamation point and will pulsate to indicate it is connected!
7. If you want your audio cues to include your heart rate information, go into your app settings
8. Click "Audio Cues" from the settings page and select which metrics you would like the app to announce
9. Go back to the "Start" tab and start your activity!
10. Once you are finished with your activity you can view a summary of your heart rate data!
11. Simply click on the "Charts" tab and you can see a graph of your heart rate vs. your elevation and pace! (If you don't see your heart rate information right away, simply return to the previous screen and then revisit the "Charts" tab).
**Runkeeper attaches your HRM data to GPS points so we can track your heart rate at each distance of your activity! Therefore you must be outdoors with GPS signal to track your heart rate**
For a list of supported Heart Rate Monitors, please check out this link!
Pairing your BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) to your iOS device is simple when you follow these steps!
1. Read your HRM manual to see where to attach the device (e.g. your chest, wrist, or arm). Make sure it is on tight enough so it won't slip!
2. Open up your phone settings and turn on Bluetooth.
3. Within the Runkeeper app, click on the Me tab and then select the Settings gear icon in the top right hand corner.
4. On the Settings tab, select Apps, Services and Devices.
5. Under the Manage Connections header, choose Devices & Hardware.
5. On the next page, select Heart Rate Monitor, and your device will begin to pair!
6. To confirm your HRM is paired with Runkeeper, navigate to the Start tab in the Runkeeper app and locate the heart icon in the top right hand corner. If you see this heart icon, you're good to go!
7. If you want your audio cues to include your heart rate information, go into your app Activity Settings before you track an activity with your HRM.
8. Scroll to the Coaching section and make sure Audio Stats is toggled on. Next, click Which Stats? and scroll to the bottom of the audio stats list to see the three heart rate stats you can choose to hear while tracking your activity; toggle your desired audio cue stats on.
9. Once you are finished with your activity, you'll also be able to view a summary of your heart rate data: Simply click on the Charts tab and you'll see a graph of your heart rate among other stats. (If you don't see your heart rate information right away, try returning to the previous screen and then revisit the Charts tab again.)