How Does It Work?
Select the amount of mileage you'd like to track on a specific pair of shoes and we'll update you with a notification once you've reached that mileage! You track your mileage by selecting which pair of shoes you were wearing when you go to save your run. Currently, shoe tracking is only available for running activities.
Steps To Get You Started on iOS:
- Go to your settings screen in the app and add your type of shoe(s).
- Select your mileage for each shoe.
- To add a shoe, tap on the white plus sign in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Brand, Model, & Import Distance cells to select an option for each category.
- When you're all set, just tap on "Add Shoes" and your shoes will be added to your list of shoes in the app!
With the shoe tracking feature you can also select a pair of active shoes! This means the shoes you select will automatically be added to your running activities. You can always change the shoe afterward if you were wearing a different pair. The active pair of shoes you've selected will have a blue check mark next to them. If you decide you'd like to change the mileage on your shoe, you can do that too! Just go to your settings, select the shoe, and tap on the "Distance" cell to update this setting.
If you'd like to add a shoe after saving or add shoes to your previous running activities that's no problem:
- Go to your "Me" tab and select the running activity you'd like to add your shoes to.
- Scroll down and tap on the "Shoes" cell. You can select a shoe on the next screen.
(If you're adding a new pair of shoes just click the white plus sign in the top right corner). Once you've selected your shoes the pair will automatically be added to your activity!
Steps To Get You Started on Android:
On Android you'll want to navigate to your 'Settings' and select 'Shoe Tracking'. From here you'll be given the option to select 'None' or a default sneaker (if you've already entered one) that will be attached to activities going forward.
If you want to add a new pair of sneakers, click on the plus sign in the top right hand corner of the 'Shoe Tracking' screen. If you want to edit an existing pair of sneakers, just click on the pencil icon. Both options will take you to the 'Editing Shoes' screen where you can edit the Brand, Model, Nickname, Starting Distance and Lifespan. If you ever want to delete that pair of sneakers from your account, just click on the trash can icon in the top right hand corner.
- Under the brand option you'll be able to pick from a variety of companies; our favorite is ASICS. ;)
- Next you can select the model of sneaker you're using, and if you want to add a fun name for those kicks (example: Feet of Fury), enter that under Nickname.
- Under the Starting Distance option you'll be given two fields: 1) Import Distance Since and 2) Manually Add Distance.
- Import Distance Since will allow you to choose a start date for your sneakers.
- Manually Add Distance will allow you to select the total distance already registered on those sneakers.
- Once your options are saved and a pair of sneakers are selected, they will be attached to future activities below in the Charts cell.