At Runkeeper, we know the value of community. This is why we're proud to offer Running Groups! Running Groups allow you and your friends to motivate each other toward a common goal.
- Go to the "Explore" tab in the app.
- At the top of the screen, tap on the "Challenges" tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen and tap on "+ Create a Running Group."
- Once you've created a Running Group it will show up in your active challenges.
Setting Up Running Groups
When you create a running group, you will be asked to answer a few opening questions about the group details. This includes the type of challenge you want to create, how often you want to run, how long you want the group to be active for and the name of your group. You will also have the option to invite your friends to join your running group!
Chatting with Friends
Now you can visit the chat room to start motivating your friends to get going. Use the toggle at the top of the screen to check in on your progress to see how you're doing compared to the rest of the group. When your running group reaches the endpoint, you will receive an email with a quick summarizing how everything went!
Disable Notifications, Leave the Group, Invite More People
- Tap the settings gear in the top right corner to access the Running Group settings
- If you want to leave the group, simply select "Leave Group"
- You can also turn off your notifications on this screen by tapping the toggle
- If you'd like to invite more people, you can do that here too
Important Things to Note:
- These groups can only be made for Running activities. Any activities tracked as Walking, Cycling, Other, etc. will not count toward your progress. We're sorry about this!
- You can invite up to 99 people to join your Running Group. The maximum amount of friends is 100, including the group creator.
- Once you leave a group you can't re-join.
- Your running group starts the day you create it. You can't select a start date other than today.
- You can create/join as many running groups as you'd like!
- To invite someone to a Running Group who isn't your friend, make sure you type their email address into the search bar.
- Any running activity you complete is should automatically count toward your Running Group progress.
Need some inspiration for your first Running Group? We’ve got a whole list of ideas here.