Not on Android? That's cool, here's the article for iPhone devices!
Running Buddies Wherever You Need Them: Introducing Runkeeper Running Groups! (Found in the challenges section of your menu in the app!) At Runkeeper, we know the value of community; we've introduced this feature as a way for you & your friends to join groups and inspire each other to get out the door and hit the ground running.
Go to the "Challenges" section of the menu in the app. Scroll down to the bottom of this screen and tap on "Create a Running Group". You'll then see a series of onboarding screens explaining how a Running Group works. Once you get to the last screen tap on the orange button that says "Start a Running Group". You'll then answer 5 questions to customize your running group to your preferences. The next step is choosing who you'd like to invite to your running group! Select up to 25 people to invite. Once you're ready, select "Cancel" to exit the search function and then "Send Invite" to officially create your running group. Your new Running Group will show up in your active challenges!
Glad you asked! Now you can visit the chat room to start motivating your friends to get going, or start smack-talking, whatever works! Use the toggle at the top of the screen to check in on your progress to see how you're doing compared to the rest of the group. When your running group reaches the endpoint you will receive an email with a quick recap of how everything went!
Rethinking the Running Group you Created/Joined? Tired of Notifications?
No problem! Just tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen and select the button that says "Group Options", then on the next screen select "Leave Group". You can also turn off your notifications on this screen, just make sure the toggle is off. If you'd like to invite more people this is where you can do that too!
Important Things to Note:
- These groups can only be made for Running activities
- You can invite up to 100 people to join your Running Group
- Once you leave a group you can't rejoin
- Your running group starts the day you create it, you can't select a date other than today
- You can create/join as many running groups as you'd like!
- To invite someone to a Running Group who isn't your friend make sure you type their email address into the search
- Any running activity you complete is eligible for your Running Group progress, you don't have to select anything in the app to complete the requirements
Need some inspiration for your first Running Group? We’ve got a whole list of ideas here.