Not on Android? Here's the article for iPhone devices.
At Runkeeper, we know the value of community, which is why we're excited to offer Running Groups. Running Groups allow you and your friends to motivate each other toward a common goal no matter where you all are in the world.
- Go to the "Community" section of the menu in the app.
- Select the "Groups" tab from the top of the page and tap on "Create a Running Group."
You'll then see a series of onboarding screens explaining how a Running Group works.
- Once you get to the last screen, tap on the orange button that says "Start a Running Group."
You'll then answer 5 questions to customize your running group to your preferences.
- Choosing who you'd like to invite to your running group! Select up to 25 people to invite.
- Once you're ready, select "Send Invite" to officially create your running group.
- Your new Running Group will show up in your active groups.
- You can always add more people to the group afterwards by hitting the three vertical dots at the top right of the group and selecting "Group Options".
Now you can visit the chat room to start motivating your friends to get going. Use the toggle at the top of the screen to check in on your progress to see how you're doing compared to the rest of the group. When your running group reaches the endpoint, you will receive an email with a quick summarizing how everything went!
Disable Notifications, Leave the Group, Invite More People:
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen and select the button that says "Group Options."
On the next screen, select "Leave Group."
- You can also turn off your notifications on this screen by tapping the toggle.
- If you'd like to invite more people, you can do that here too.
Important Things to Note:
- These groups can only be made for Running activities. Any activities tracked as Walking, Cycling, Other, etc. will not count toward your progress. We're sorry about this!
- You can invite up to 99 people to join your Running Group. The maximum amount of friends is 100, including the group creator.
- Once you leave a group you can't re-join.
- Your running group starts the day you create it. You can't select a start date other than today.
- You can create/join as many running groups as you'd like!
- To invite someone to a Running Group who isn't your friend, make sure you type their email address into the search bar.
- Any running activity you complete is should automatically count toward your Running Group progress.
Need some inspiration for your first Running Group? We’ve got a whole list of ideas here.