Using Garmin with Runkeeper
You can establish a connection between Garmin and Runkeeper online and in the phone app. Once you've connected your Garmin Connect account with Runkeeper, future activity syncing will be automatic. The next time you track an activity after connecting, the last 30 days of activity history will be automatically imported into Runkeeper.
Here's how to get started:
- Go to your Me tab in the app.
- Tap into your Settings (the gear icon).
- Select Apps and Devices.
- Tap on Garmin Connect.
- Select which data you'd like to sync with Runkeeper.
- Enter your Garmin log-in information.
- After signing in, you'll be brought back to the Apps and Devices page.
- The automatic syncing process works by Garmin devices sending us their Fit Files. Those types of files are the only ones that will be carried over automatically.
- Some older Garmin devices default to TXC/GPX files when syncing and won't sync automatically.
- You can tell whether or not your device is sending us TCX/GPX or Fit Files by selecting the activity in Garmin Connect, and exporting the 'Original File." If that file exports into a Fit File, then activities from that device should sync automatically.
- Both GPS and indoor activities will sync over from Garmin Connect.
- You can't name indoor activities -- sorry about that!
*Got more questions? Connect with our support team at email@example.com!
Article is closed for comments.