Follow Users on Runkeeper!
With the latest Runkeeper release, you now have the option to follow fellow Runkeeper users instead of adding them as friends. Any existing friends you have on your Runkeeper account will now be seen as followers.
With this latest update, we have changed the privacy setting options available on your Runkeeper account. You now have the choice to have a public account, private account or unlisted account. By default, your account will be set to private. To update the privacy settings for your account, select the settings gear and click on Privacy Settings.
Users can switch to a public profile by moving the Public Account toggle to enabled. A public profile is more open and allows non-followers to view a user’s profile. This setting level also means that:
- Follow requests will be automatically accepted
- All users will be able to see profile details such as activities, goals, achievements, follower list and following list
- Users will have the additional ability to share their activities and maps with “everyone”
- A public profile user can set their activities or maps to followers or only me to add some restrictions
A private Runkeeper account gives you more control over who can see your profile and activity details. This level of privacy also means that:
- Each new follow request to the user will need to be accepted or declined
- Only followers are able to view profile details such as activities, goals, achievements, follower list and following list.
- Users can set activities or maps viewable to “followers” and “only me”.
- The option to set activities or maps viewable to “everyone” is not available because maps and activities will be hidden from view for users who don't follow a private user
A third privacy option available with Runkeeper is to have an unlisted account. With this setting, users will be able to set their account to unlisted (previously called private) through runkeeper.com. To do this, log into the runkeeper.com website, and select the settings gear in the top right corner. Choose account settings, and then scroll down to the promotions and privacy tab. Once here, you can choose to keep your profile and account private. Checking this box will make your account unlisted so your profile won't be found by other users. You can also make your account public or private through runkeeper.com
**Got additional questions? Reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!